Tracfone anyone!?!

Discussion in 'Community' started by xli_ne, May 28, 2005.

1. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

Does anyone use or have used the Tracfone service. I'm thinking about getting it for my parents because, supposely, it covers almost all of the USA and they want a prepaid service because they dont use their phone all that much. Just wondering if anyone ever had any issues with the service.

2. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I use Tracfone. It's pretty good. The biggest issue I have, is if I have to make a lot of phone calls, it really burns up the units. Of course, my wife and I use Tracfone, because we don't have them attached to our ears. We only use them when we need too. Just make sure there is a cell tower nearby that accepts Tracfone. Another suggestion is to buy the 1 year card, and look for specials.

3. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    My wife has one and loves it.

She gets good reception and the price is reasonable since she doesn't use it much.

4. BarfBag macrumors member

I have one. I'm 15 and have to take the bus downtown to work everyday. It's essential as an emergency line. Don't know what kind of smelly Baltimore homie will board. ;)

5. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

I've got Tracfone. I ordered the 1 year plan. Works good and fulfills its purpose as a means of emergency communications.

6. xli_ne thread starter macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

Thanks for the posts. My parents are still thinking about it, so we shall see.