tracking applestore uk orders on the TNT website

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mrjamin, Feb 23, 2004.

1. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

Ok, i ordered my powerbook at the weekend, and the applestore very nicely put together a page with all the details on it.

one problem

none of the tracking numbers seem to correlate with anything on the TNT website! Any ideas? The TNT site seems to suggest that its a 9 digit number i need, but none of the several tracking numbers i'm given are 9 digits! Most odd

help would be appreciated... I WANT MY POWERBOOK!

it shipped earlier today - delivery time is estimated at 3-5 days

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I tracked my sis's Emac purchase last week.

If you click through on the Apple site to see more info on your order, you'll end up seeing 2 TNT numbers on the top of the screen.

One of these will work but IIRC you need to change the setting on the TNT express page to be a 'reference' rather than a consignment. Followed the eMac from Prague to Scotland. Not entirely sure about its accuracy though - at one point it was in Stirling physically since they called to check address* but tracker was saying it was at Liverpool Airport?!?

* When it finally says 'Out for delivery' you might want to give your local TNT depot a call. Apparently there's a problem between Apple and TNT's systems where the first line of the address is regularly missed off so items are sent to
    John Smith, Edinburgh which makes it kinda tricky

3. mrjamin thread starter macrumors 65816

mrjamin

ok, i have:

3 "tnt worldwide express" tracking numbers (16 digits, beginning 80..., one for each item in the order)
    a 20 digit tracking number (starts 0034, seems to cover all three items)
    a web order number
    an invoice number (10 digits, starts 903)
    and a sales order number

on the TNT main page, which site do i chose? i'm using "tnt express" and have tried the tnt ireland, tnt uk and tnt netherlands sites to no avail!

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
  5. m4rc macrumors 6502

It may not have been collected by TNT yet, so they won't have any reference to it on the site.

The Apple site will tell you when TNT have collected it.

Marc

6. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

ok, as for the sterling thing

It is like doing the stock market using Yahoo to watch the stocks. ITS BEHIND. Not updated every second, but probably 3 times a day, so every 8 hours you might see a differenc.

If you ordered 3 items, you get 3 tracking numbers incase they come from different places. But they might all be in the same box under one number. I would just check the Apple Website don't they give updates on the order there and where it is at. I think I watch my order that way.