Trackpad button was placed too left

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xsong, Jun 7, 2006.

1. xsong macrumors newbie

I got my new macbook yesterday from amazon and found that the trackpad button was placed too left which makes a big space on the right side between the button and the body and hard to click on the left part. Anyone knows whether it is easily repairable?

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

That's kinda wierd cause, you can only have so much space between the body and the button. There shouldn't be a space at all, really. I dunno how you would fix that. I would preobably return it.

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

odd now that i look at my powerbook the trackpad and button were placed a bit to the left, maybe less than a millimeter but i can tell

But oh well doesn't bother me much, if at all since this is the first time noticing it

4. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

Could you post a picture?
    I'm having a hard time visualizing "a big space"...

It can't be that bad... can it?

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

How is that possible, the button and pad sits flush with the cut out on the MB. :confused:

6. xsong thread starter macrumors newbie

Ho, mine is exactly like yours. Sorry for my confusing "big space". I meant to be bigger space. However, it makes difference. It makes the click on the left part of the button difficult.

The picture is shown http://xsong.dhs.org/temp/mb.jpg

7. AcousticDoc macrumors regular

Mine's a little bit more to the right than to the left but I don't ecpext it to be spot on in the middle. I'd rather have a trackpad that's all the way to the right or left without any mooing.

8. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hah, you made it sound like there was a hole there or something. I don't think that's something to worry about. I wouldn't.

9. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

My powerbook is basically just like that

10. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

11. xsong thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it's not shadow. You can see the key button which has little shadow. But as SamIchi said, probably I just overeacted because I want everything to be perfect!

Update: Actually, the problem got worse. Now very often when I press the left side of the button, it rub with the body and generate annoying sound. I decided to send it to apple and fix it.

12. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

My PBG4 is similar to the picture, though clicking on any part of the button is identical.

I'd say don't worry about it though.