Trackpad is intermittently unresponsive on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by nick_harambee, Sep 8, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Hello,

I am experiencing a very frustrating issue with my Macbook Pro in that the trackpad on the machine itself as well as my Magic Trackpad are intermittently unresponsive in various applications, when clicking/tapping in particular. Sometimes I can do click in one area of an application, but not another. Sometimes clicking in a responsive application, and then reclicking in the problematic application helps, but usually not for long. I am running Lion (10.7.1).

So far I have tried resetting the PRAM on my Macbook Pro with no sucess. Can anyone suggest anything else I can try?

Hoping that I can post this message by clicking on the 'Post Message' button!

Thanks

Nick

2. macrumors 68020

killerrobot

3. thread starter macrumors regular

thanks. unfortunately waiting for an update isn't an option. Safari is pretty much unusable right now, other browsers not much better, and I've got a whole stack of work to do. The problems I am experiencing do not appear to be linked with an update, as I haven't updated any apple software in a while (not since the day 10.7.1 came out, and everything was working fine for a while after that).