Trackpad on Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DanielGilbert, Oct 14, 2006.

1. DanielGilbert macrumors member

Jun 10, 2006
    London, UK
    Well, I've just got my shiny new macbook, which I'm absolutely loving :D

However, I have a problem with it, which I'm wondering if anyone can help with. My trackpad is horribly unresponsive at times, meaning I can only move the cursor about 1cm across the screen when I use the complete width of the trackpad. However, a few minutes later, it may work fine, or it may be slightly more responsive but stop responding at intervals while I move my finger over the trackpad. I know two other people with Macbooks whose trackpads seem fine - the only difference between the Macbooks, is that mine only has 512mb RAM but they have 1gb. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've tried turning the sensitivity up
  2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Sep 4, 2005
    Try looking in System Prefs - adjust the speed of the cursor :confused:
  3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    That's odd; go to an Apple Store, they might replace it on the spot or send it in.

That's really weird; it's not normal by any means; call them if you do not live by an Apple store.
  4. DanielGilbert thread starter macrumors member

Jun 10, 2006
    London, UK
    I've just disabled "Ignore accidental trackpad movement", which seems to be helping, but the trackpad still seems to have the problem that it'll think I have two fingers on the trackpad when I only have one, and start scrolling :(
  5. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    it's broken. take it to an Apple store or call AppleCare and have them replace it.
  6. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

Aug 29, 2006
  7. lopezlist macrumors newbie

May 4, 2009
    Same Problem

I had the same problem and my trackpad just got progressively worse. I took it to the Genius Bar and they gladly fixed it. On my Genius Bar Work Authorization form it says:

Issue Description: Trackpad intermittently unresponsive; sometimes unit will not complete click; customer cannot tell if button is successfully pressed

Well, the resolution to this was that they will replace the trackpad/topcase.