trackpad troubles....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BollywooD, Nov 18, 2005.

1. BollywooD macrumors 6502

BollywooD

when i place 2 fingers on my trackpad, the cursor goes crazy and jumps! if i remove 1 finger it jumps back.... place 2nd finger back on it jumps again......

i find this really annoying, as i would like to install iscroll2 for 2 finger tracking.....

sometimes the trackpad just doesnt respond either?(for maybe a second or 2)

i have a 1Ghz g4 ibook. and have recently installed a superdrive... wondering if maybe i messed with the trackpad somehow?

i have an external mouse, which works perfectly?

any ideas?

2. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

If you dont have iscroll2 installed yet then it will jump around when you put two fingers down. Thats not a problem but something common in laptops.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mine does the same and I've noticed it gets worse when the machine heats up a little. When it gets really bad I end up resetting the PRAM. It fixes the problem but I'm not sure if it's because of the reset or the fact the machine has had a little bit of time to cool off.

4. BollywooD thread starter macrumors 6502

BollywooD

That did it! I reset the PMU as well, which i think was the one that actually fixed it!!

Thanks, I was all set to crack open my ibook to check the cables to the trackpad - if that failed i was going to reinstall the OS!!

PHEW!!! im glad i didnt have too,

thanks again

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Cool. But do you think it was the resets or the fact that it got a chance to cool down that helped? I've never worked this one out.