Trackpad with an iPad 1 or 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by lee14160, May 1, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

lee14160

I looked thru the Forums to see if anyone has attempted or tried the Apple Trackpad with their iPad. It comes as a Bluetooth device so I would assume it would work with the iPad.

Thanks ahead time for any info. . .:)

2. macrumors regular

Used to do what, exactly?

3. Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I doubt it would work. The iPad doesn't have a cursor to control. As said above, what exactly would the trackpad do?

4. macrumors 68030

As already mentioned what would be the point. Without an on screen cursor it would be pointless. Not to mention it would defeat the purpose of having a touch screen device.

5. macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

As mentioned above, what would be the point?

6. macrumors 604

mcdj

Lesson learned? Just because something has Bluetooth doesn't mean it will function properly with anything that happens to have Bluetooth.

7. macrumors 68040

Phil A.

The iPad bluetooth stack has no support for mice or trackpads (or a lot of other BT devices). If you jailbreak there is an alternative Bluetooth stack that you can install and then install mouse support on top of that (don't know if trackpad would be supported). It also adds a cursor