Trade Air for iPhone?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Ksizzle9, Aug 6, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

i was looking on CL and found a guy wanting to trade his Air for a 32GB iPHone. personally i think its crazy but damn is that a easy way to get a Air. it is the first gen, but pretty much top of the line and also comes with an extra normal hard drive, but he currently has 128SSD installed. I really want to do this but i don't know if i can live without my iPhone, not to mention i bought it for full retail. Just curious how many of you would do this? I already have a 13.3 late model aluminum macbook with 250HD, and 4GB RAM INSTALLED, WITH 2 4GB sticks on the way. SO its not just that i want a MB. Someone tell me its worth it please. only problem is that i won't have a iPhone.

2. macrumors member

Well, if he has the original receipt and you're fine living without an iPhone for a while you may as well go for it. Just be careful.. if something sounds too good to be true it probably is. :(

3. macrumors 6502a

First-gen Macbook Air? Imo not worth it. Battery is probably in need of being replaced, it's getting old... nah, don't do it.

4. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

The SSDs on the first generation air are very, very slow by today's standards.

Keep your MacBook and buy an SSD when you can afford it. Youve got a much better computer already.

5. macrumors 68040

Apple OC

not worth it ... keep the phone and computer you got

6. macrumors 6502a

it doesn't sound worth it if you already have a capable notebook.