Trade in price on imac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by silverback66, Dec 29, 2005.

1. silverback66 macrumors regular

I have an 20" iMac G5 rev A with 1 gig of memory, bluetooth and a 250 gig harddrive. I'm thinking about seling it at the local mac retailer in order to buy a totally maxed out ibook when the intel's come out. What do you think I could get for it?

By the way, I sold my last mac there a year ago which was a dual 400mhz G4 tower with a 120 gig harddrive, superdrive and 512 mb of ram and despite it being over four years old I still got 700 for it. That's why I'm especially curious about a one year old imac. Thanks for your help.

I know some will say keep the imac and save up for an ibook, but right now I really don't need a desktop computer. When I do need one in the future which will probably be two years from now, I intend to buy a maxed out powermac.

2. maya macrumors 68040

maya

"1200 CAD," I say or Ebay. :)

3. silverback66 thread starter macrumors regular

That's not too bad. I'll miss the 20" screen, but portability is just too appealing right now.

4. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I would wait till after MWSF to see what will be released. Since the iMac G5 rev C was released, it will loose value as the price has also dropped. The iBook is good now, however I would hold off for a couple weeks. :)

5. silverback66 thread starter macrumors regular

It's definatley an option but I suppose it'll depend on when the intel powerbooks are releasing. I'm going to need a computer for this next semester and I guess to me right now the performance of the powerbooks isn't worth the price. Or rather the performance doesn't justfy the price.