Trade my MB for his MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by phungy, Jan 6, 2007.

  1. phungy macrumors 68020

    phungy

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Location:
    FL/NY/TX
    #1
    See attachment :D
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

    Scarlet Fever

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2005
    Location:
    Bookshop!
    #2
    What is your gut feeling? Do you think you would appreciate the bigger screen, GPU, etc.? If you say yes, do it. If you feel hesitant, don't. Thats the best advice i can give you, as i don't know how you feel about it. :)

    i just googled T7200, and apparently its a 2.13GHz chip, one that Apple doesn't put in the MacBooks. If you do have a 2.13GHz MB, i want one as well :D
     
  3. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

    AppleGuy08

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2006
    Location:
    Sacramento, CA
    #3
    Hmmm....says the guy is in Kuwait...I dont know about you, but i hate dealing with International deals/mailing/trading. Its too risky.
     
  4. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

    phungy

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Location:
    FL/NY/TX
    #4
    I'm positive the T7200 is the 2.0Ghz chip.

    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/notebooks/0,39050488,39310320p,00.htm

    The T7400 is the 2.13Ghz chip:

    http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/stats/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.16-15-specs.html
     
  5. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

    phungy

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Location:
    FL/NY/TX
    #5
    That is one thing I am afraid of. Depending on feedback, I may have to ship mine out first and I will be without a laptop for maybe over a week until I receive his.

    I was thinking this may be a decent deal if I can resell the MBP near its retail value and then purchase another Blackbook and have a few hundred leftover.
     
  6. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

    Scarlet Fever

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2005
    Location:
    Bookshop!
    #6
  7. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

    AppleIntelRock

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    #7
    It seems this person emailed you out of the blue and now there are a lot of what-ifs. I would 100% skip this deal. IMHO.
     
  8. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

    phungy

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Location:
    FL/NY/TX
    #8
    Maybe if he was in within the states. He PM'd me back saying the keys have Arabic engraved on them. If he ships first then I may consider but I will have to pass on this. Thanks for your opinions everyone. :)
     
  9. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

    AppleIntelRock

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    #9
    That's wonderful :rolleyes:
     
  10. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

    phungy

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Location:
    FL/NY/TX
    #10
    Seems like he is desperate in getting rid of his MBP. He's willing to ship it out first and in turn I ship mine after.

    Hmm...thoughts?
     
  11. NJuul macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2006
    Location:
    Boston
    #11
    If you only ship yours after you have received his, then I don't see any risks to it.
    It might be stolen of course, and he's afraid of gettig caught with it...
    It is a bit strange that he wants to trade an MBP with someone on the other side of the world, instead of just selling/trading it in Kuwait.
    But you can always just send it back if you receive it and don't like what you see.
     
  12. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #12
    Probably because of the grainy screen. Interferes with his daily Quran reading :rolleyes:

    Anyway there is no risk to you in such a case, since he is willing to ship it out first I'd wait till I receive it first before shipping mine out. Just to make sure he didn't send an empty box with a brick inside.
     
  13. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

    phungy

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Location:
    FL/NY/TX
    #13
    Hate to bring up an old thread but I have one now :p
     
  14. Zwhaler macrumors 603

    Zwhaler

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2006
    #14
    Nicee I have one too. :)
     
  15. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

    phungy

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Location:
    FL/NY/TX
    #15
    You still have the 20" iMac?
     
  16. gnasher729 macrumors P6

    gnasher729

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2005
    #16
    Sometimes things go wrong.

    What are your chances of sorting things out in a reasonable way if anything goes wrong?
     
  17. NJuul macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2006
    Location:
    Boston
    #17
    So, did you ever get the mbp?
     
  18. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

    phungy

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Location:
    FL/NY/TX
    #18
    Never followed through with the offer cause I didn't really want an Arabic keyboard and he was in Kuwait.
     

Share This Page