trade powerbook g4 for duo core mini

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by tim2006, May 2, 2006.

1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

Jan 18, 2006
    i currently have a 1.67 15 in powerbook g4. iam thinking about trading it in for the duo core mini and a nice screen. then do a mac book latter. anythougths? how much like left in g4 is it time to jump. i dont want to be left with an obsolete computer.
  2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Nov 17, 2004
    The Msp
    That Powerbook will treat you right for years to come, plus it's portable, which is a big plus over the Mini. If it does what you nned it to do, there's no need to upgrade now. And the Mini really isn't that big of a bump up from a top-of-the-line G4 Powerbook. I say stick with what you have, you'll be happy enough for many years to come.
  3. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    I say keep your powerbook. It is portable, and you still have the option of using it as a desktop if the 15" screen is too small for you.:eek: It also has a good graphics card, as opposed to the minis graphics processor which uses the machines ram. If speed is a concern, why don't you search google for some benchmarks?
  4. Acehigh macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2006

Are you trading? or going to be selling your powerbook. Its not a good trade for you unless its a Apple LCD (newer version).