trade powerbook g4 for duo core mini

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by tim2006, May 2, 2006.

1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

i currently have a 1.67 15 in powerbook g4. iam thinking about trading it in for the duo core mini and a nice screen. then do a mac book latter. anythougths? how much like left in g4 is it time to jump. i dont want to be left with an obsolete computer.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

That Powerbook will treat you right for years to come, plus it's portable, which is a big plus over the Mini. If it does what you nned it to do, there's no need to upgrade now. And the Mini really isn't that big of a bump up from a top-of-the-line G4 Powerbook. I say stick with what you have, you'll be happy enough for many years to come.

3. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

I say keep your powerbook. It is portable, and you still have the option of using it as a desktop if the 15" screen is too small for you.:eek: It also has a good graphics card, as opposed to the minis graphics processor which uses the machines ram. If speed is a concern, why don't you search google for some benchmarks?

4. Acehigh macrumors 6502

Are you trading? or going to be selling your powerbook. Its not a good trade for you unless its a Apple LCD (newer version).