Trader Joes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twistedlegato, Nov 25, 2006.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Who cant say that that place is the bet place ever!!!
    Organic!
    Best frozen pizzas margarita ever!

I love those pea pods that are crispy snack like thing! Not to mention their samosas and burgers, their chinese dumplings, and hot sauce. (there veggie burgers are AMAZING, and im not even a vegatarian).

I get to this place once a year when I go to visit my aunt (well we go there multpiple times while we are there)

I would love to have one near me!
    Poor old south never gets anything good, just (dare i say it) biscuits with chicken and gravy, and fried chicken and all that southern CRAP......*throws up*

Ok sorry...just had to get my love for Trader Joes out!:eek:

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Don't know why you're complaining about southern food, come to new orleans and have some gumbo and redbeans. It'll stick to your ribs;)

3. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I'll give the two Trader Joe's we have in town if I can get some southern biscuits and gravy. :)

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Most people who say that Southern food sucks have never actually had any. I talk to people all the time who make an ugly face if you mention grits, for example, but then it turns out that (1) they've never actually eaten grits (as far as they know) and (2) they love polenta, which is really just Italian grits. ;)

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We've got 2 of their stores near us. My favorite purchase is their dried fruit. Ummmmm....

6. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Trader Joes is awesome. We are actually getting one near Raleigh NC which is awesome. I always went to the store when I was visiting out in California.

Nuc

7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

The one near me is small, over-crowded and devoid of good prepared foods.

I'd rather go to Whole Foods, and even then I'd rather go to Wegmans (which is the reason human beings evolved, or at least the end of history).

8. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

The first two just opened in the Atlanta area (Roswell and Sandy Springs), with 2 or 3 more scheduled to open in the near future.

9. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Best... frozen pizza margaritas? :(

Yeah, Trader Joe's is great. Cheaper than most other places too. Their raspberry peach blossom juice is the Best. Juice. Ever. I shop there when I can, but unfortunately their stores are kinda small and they don't always have everything I need.

We Californians are lucky though. There are a dozen natural/organic stocked supermarkets within 10 miles that all have their own good things. Even Safeway has an increasingly great organic food selection.

10. Marble macrumors 6502a

Marble

I miss Trader Joe's so much when I'm here in Vancouver for school. Vancouver is certainly big on organic food, but for eclectic food at a non soul-sucking price Trader Joe's is the best.

11. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

do you not like them?

You serious?! YIPPI! I live in Georgia and around that area! Trader Joes here i come!

We also have a Whole Foods that just opened...it is ENORMOUS!

12. iGary Guest

iGary

We have one less than a mile away, and it's where we do most of our shopping, aside from cleaning, and a few items they just don't carry.

Chicken shumai, Sun dried tomato pizza, wraps, turkey sausage stromboli, salmons, cod, spinach, Smart Water, organic milk, yogurt smooties...and the list goes on.

13. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Yup! I just checked the TJ website and mapped the way and they finally have some in the south! My grandfather is happy that they are getting one in Carry North Carolina, he lives close to there!

Wait a second..they are building two more of them in Georgia..one of them is like even closer..YES!!!!

14. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

They just opened a TJ's in my town last fall. I love it! The frozen food section is great, lots of lesser known varieties of veggies, great cheese, who wouldn't like it? Those big slabs of Ghiradelli Chocolate never seem to last very long though...

While there are a few southern specialties that are ok, there's simply way too much grease involved. Gumbo is good but just a greasier version of paella. If you want to live a long life, don't live down south.

15. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Grits...

corn nugget turds...

squirt squirt.

im in the south, and I think grits taste like crap.

i love me some corn.

BUT I WANT PROOF I ATE CORN!

Without the skin, there is no evidence in the toilet tomorrow.

hence, grits are for old people.

/rant

:D

16. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I think grits are delicious. Do they sell grits at Trader Joes? Don't remeber seeing any. But their frozen "steel cut" oatmeal is a treat.

17. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Yes, Trader Joe's rocks. And it helps to offset the extra dollars that we spend at Whole Foods.

18. iGary Guest

iGary

They also have frozen brown and jasmine rice that takes 3 minutes in the microwave to cook.

I love their regular steel cut oatmeal.

19. iRachel macrumors 6502a

I Love Trader Joe's, and one is finally open in Madison! Until last month, I would have to stock up on macaroni and cheese and dried fruit every time I went to visit my mom. Now there's one less than 4 miles away.

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

We lived about a 1.5 miles from a Trader Joes when we lived in the DC Metro area....now we're about 150 miles from a Trader Joes. :(

But we go there about once every two months or so and buy two cart loads of stuff usually. We've managed over $600 before - but there was beer and wine involved :D

D

21. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Mmmm... 300 bottles of Charles Shaw merlot.

22. hana macrumors regular

Based on the Trader Joe's I've seen in So Cal, all of them are over-crowded. They don't have enough parking. However I think the popularity (besides the favorite foods mentioned here) in So Cal is due to people's awareness of Trader Joe's during the supermarket strikes we had a year or so ago.... they weren't part of that strike. A lot of people started shopping at Trader Joes (no crossing the picket line) and never went back to the old supermarkets after the strike was resolved.

As for myself, I tend to go buy energy bars, cereal and trail mix to keep in my desk at work for the munchie attacks/earthquake supplies. (okay, I admit there's a bag of Hershey's Kisses in there also...) :D

23. iMetroid macrumors member

One of my favorite stores! I can't have milk products anymore (SEVERE eczema), so I go there to get Soy replacements. Best Soy cheese I've ever had. :)

24. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I love Trader Joes as well. There is one about 10-15 minutes away from me, which is great. There is also a Sprouts and a Henry's (Henry's is a Whole Foods branch and Sprouts is the same exact thing as Henry's) in the same general area.

25. Garden Knowm macrumors 6502