Trader Ratings MOD (looks nice)

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ITASOR, May 31, 2005.

1. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Hey,

With all the marketplace trading/selling going on, it would be nice to have a forum based rating system rather than using other sites like ebay or heatware, as it's a little hard to prove those people are really the same people on the forum. This mod for vBulletin would also just keep everything MacRumors based, and would be awesome!

It might also get some people to sign up at MR in order to rate someone they have recently had a transaction with.

While this is just a suggestion, I think this would be really nice and would appreciate if everyone would also input their comments regarding it.

The link the the mod is here:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65730

To download it, there's a little install button on the bottom-right of the post. Just saying that because it took me 15 minutes to find. :p

Thanks,
    Ryan :cool:

2. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I can see some problems happening with this. (i.e. Fraud)

If you want to sell something go to eBay.

Unless MR would would get a cut, but it would be too confusing for the Mods. (Remember how long it took to set up donations again.)

Just keep it the way it is. ;)

3. ITASOR thread starter macrumors 601

ITASOR

I'm not talking about an ebay type thing. Just a place to leave comments about a transaction that was taken place in the marketplace. For example: I sell you my iPod and ship it very fast/in great condition. You would indicate this in my ratings and other buyers could refer to that possibly PM'ing you asking how the deal went.

-Ryan

4. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Ok. So it would have a list of members that your have done business with.

Then I like it. :)

Edit: Just a little confused when I first read it.

5. ITASOR thread starter macrumors 601

ITASOR

Riiiiiiight! And a little feedback comment from them along with a Positive, Eh, or Negative feedback mark.

Glad you like it. :p

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

You are leaving out the most important what. Does MR actually have the staff to support it? e-mail support alone over that could be a major hassel. you know how many ppl would email MR and says "well his feedback wasn't fair", or "she commited fraud" etc etc etc.

7. ITASOR thread starter macrumors 601

ITASOR

They are probably e-mailing MR now. Adding the feed-back mod wouldn't increase this.

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Or just a simple sticky on top of the forum for feedback. Basically the first post is a list of members that have feedback, and people reply to it saying "+1 to [name]" or of course, "-1 to [name]". It would require someone to maintain it, but it wouldn't take THAT much time. Heck, I volunteer if anyone wants something like this started.

This is an example of said system