Trading Card Games

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by RMD68, Jul 4, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

What are the best trading card games for iOS?

I came across accession, and its looks like a good game, but I want to make sure which games are the best before I purchase one.

I have never played this genre of games, but I figured that a few bucks is worth a try.

Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors 603

blueroom

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, that genre of games.

I apologize that I didn't clarify that in the initial post.

4. macrumors 603

blueroom

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I looked at that app, and it appears that it's only for researching cards and planning for live games.

6. macrumors member

"Assassin's creed recollection"
    "Shadow Era"

There's a few more of them but that's all I can think of, for now. Both are free. I never try any of them though, since I'm not a fan of a game that rely heavily on an iap.

"Bloodshow" series are also a hybrid between RTS (like PvZ) and collectable card game. Also free bat have a paid version too.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

8. macrumors member

Ascension is very good. It's a deckbuilder in the style of Dominion. If you want a collectible card game, Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2013 was just released. It's called Magic 2013 in the app store. Summoner Wars also just came out.

9. macrumors 6502a

Another one for magic the gathering, such a great game.

10. macrumors 65816

kmj2318

11. macrumors 6502

I think you have maybe been looking at the wrong app. There is Magic 2013 which is an IOS version of Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planewalkers, and it is excellent!! And it is by Wizards of the Coast, so a proper official version.

Free App (so you can try it out), and then a $10 (ish...I forget the actual amount) in-app purchase, but well worth $10 of anyone's money!