trading in iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tboyd37, Dec 26, 2012.

1. tboyd37, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012

macrumors newbie

just wondering..

i recently upgraded to the iphone 5.. i traded in a black 16gb iphone 4 back to my carrier(verizon).. the phone was in almost perfect condition except the back had a small crack on the lower corner.. i waited & got several quotes & finally upgraded to the iphone 5 a few weeks ago & was offered & accepted a $120 trade in value.. just wondering if that was the best deal.. are they going for more or less now?? or should i have waited to see what they would have offered a few months now?? thoughts.. also just wondering u guys on different carriers.. you getting any better prices from your other carriers(at&t sprint etc) comments please??

:apple:

2. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

If it had a crack on the screen then $120 sounds about right.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

not on the screen itself.. the back on the lower corner had a small crack was still fully functional(although i think the a4 chip was starting to see the end of its life) it was dragging in everything & in the end was starting to drop calls occasionally(i blame that on verizon tho my signal isn't the greatest where i live)

4. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Hmm well $120 still sounds about right.

5. macrumors 65816

You may have been able to make a tad more if you sold it to someone directly, but not much. $120 along with the added convenience that after you trade the phone it's out of your hair seems pretty fair.