Trading my white iphone 5 for a black one

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yidan82, Sep 25, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

So today I posted on craigslist that I would like to trade my white iphone 5 for a black one. I was tired of waiting for AT&T to replenish their stock so I could switch it out. Someone responded to my post and we met up to do the switch. When I got home I plugged the phone into itunes and started a restore and to my surprise I had the following message pop up on the screen, "Congratuations, your iphone has been unlocked" Apparently this individual had a factory unlocked iphone that he traded for a factory locked one so I guess i come up one on the trade!!!:D

Attached Files:

2. macrumors demi-god

jk4lebron23

as much as i LOVE my white 5 i tried this...so far...no response but i don't really care just thought i would see if anyone was interested :rolleyes:

3. macrumors newbie

Me TOO

I too have a white iPhone5 but wanted the black one. I did the pre-order and was half asleep and didn't realize it until I check in on it before it was delivered. I had a white 3Gs and a black 4. I like the black one better.
    I just put a craigslist post out there to see if i get any takers.

*fingers crossed*

4. macrumors newbie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200832435622?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

:D:D:D:D:D:D

----------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200832435622?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

:D

5. macrumors newbie

I wanna trade my AT&T black 16GB black iphone 5 for a white one... Just got it two days ago

6. macrumors regular

Lol when I was stuck with the black 4s I wanted to trade for a white one :p

I would never trade my white 5 for a black. :D

And I wish I had gone with AT&T. Unlocking AT&T phones is so much easier. I mean, you can just pay five bucks for someone to do it. However, I'm stuck with Verizon. Boo.

7. macrumors 6502a

Call me crazy but why the $!@k would you buy one color just to trade it? Why not just order, wait and buy the color you want or just wait? Seems so STUPID to take a risk.

----------

Verizon unlocks phones too bro so I dunno where your coming with that nonsense.

8. macrumors member

i did the same, put a post out on craigslist. i actually do want to trade tho. no luck :(

9. macrumors 6502

That's a pretty sweet trade.

10. macrumors member

FixBrokeni

Why not just do a color conversion and avoid all of the hassle and risk of meeting someone you found on Craigslist?

11. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

I miss iTunes 10!

12. macrumors member

thats what i was looking to do actually! but i haven't found a website or store or anywhere that seems to be offering it for a 5. every where i've checked either says coming soon or doesn't even offer it

13. macrumors member

FixBrokeni

We're launching our iPhone 5 services very shortly, one of which will be color conversions. I'll be sure to PM you when they're up.

14. macrumors 68040

AutoUnion39

What's wrong with that? It's the best part about craigslist. If you're bored with something, trade it. When the S3 first came out, it was impossible to find a blue one, so I jumped on a white one. I put up an ad on CL and in a week, I had traded for a blue one.