Trafford Centre iPhone 4 Launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Pointer, Jun 13, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Who will be at the Trafford Centre for the launch of the iPhone 4? I'm almost certain to be there, hopefully in the short "I have one reserved!" queue.

2. macrumors regular

There's a distinct possibility I'll be there! Seeing as its the closest!

3. macrumors member

I'll be there! Just reserved my 32GB for collection on the 24th!

Has anyone reserved and collected at the Apple store at the Trafford Centre before? Any idea how long the line was? I'm hoping not too long!

4. macrumors newbie

jimmybuk

I'll be there too, ive just reserved a 16gb. :D

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Well have reserved a 16gb for pickup on Thursday 24th. Now just need to figure out what time I get there. Early doors and get towards the front of the line or mid morning when the line has hopefully gone down a bit.

6. macrumors newbie

I'll be there - question is how early?! Anyone else been to a launch at the TC before?

7. macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

hahaha im getting mine from traff.

8. macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

opens at 10am. dont think there will be a line

9. macrumors newbie

Store is opening 8am for the launch!

10. macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

which one? apple or the o2 stores? cos im gonna get it from the o2 stores.

11. macrumors newbie

Apple store opens at 8, what makes you go to O2? are you not able to upgrage at Apple?

12. macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

im on o2 simplicity, so i wana buy the o2 payg version which will hopefully be subsidised a little. rather than buy the £499 unlocked one from apple.

13. macrumors newbie

Ahh I see - well have fun!

I want to see these "bumper cases" before I buy one! Can't make up my mind whether I want one or one of these gumdrop cases

14. macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

well looks like o2 isnt offering PAYG at launch so im buying it from apple store. im angry because I could have pre ordered on the 15 and got one on the day, but i waited. o2 are so rubbish, now i have to wait like another month. the guys at apple store trafford centre said there might be people in line from 3am!!!! Looks like my chances of getting one at launch are slim.

15. macrumors member

I wonder where they're going to queue at that time. TC doors won't open until 7, so if people get there before then there will be little queues at different doors and then a mad sprint when the doors open. Crazy.

16. macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

I used to work there are sometimes i started at 6am and the doors were always open, i think they are open all the time, just all the shutters are down, haha

17. macrumors regular

I'll be at TC for launch, though I think I'll have to use an O2 Store as I need a business contract, which I don't think Apple are able to do.

Oddly, the O2 stores in TC are not opening early (most other O2 stores are opening at 8:02am). Hopefully this may change though, as they always have opened early for previous launches.

FYI - Full list of stores opening early can be found here - http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/storeopeningtimes.html

18. macrumors newbie

How do you reserve the iPhone4? Just phone the store you wish to pick it up from? Do you have to put a deposit down or anything? Or just leave your name and a few details? I haven't reserved anything before, but if it gives me a bigger chance of getting the iPhone4 on the 24th Im going to ring up.

Kirsty :)

19. macrumors regular

O2 Stores aren't offering a reserve option, it's a case of turn up and hope for the best (and you have to be an o2 customer). Other stores may be different (Vodafone etc).

Apple are no longer taking reservations, so again it's a case of turning up very early and hoping they have some available.

20. macrumors member

leenoble

I've been umming and aahing over whether or not to try to get an iPhone4 on Thursday morning. I was planning on arriving around 7am. I've already ordered one from Apple but that won't be here until 15th July.

I thought I'd have no chance of getting one by standing in line, until I saw on the Apple retail site that Trafford store was opening early on Thursday AND Friday. They must know they're going to have stock on Friday to be opening early again. Think it's worth waiting until Friday?

21. macrumors newbie

Trafford Centre

That's excellent news! I was planning on getting there mega early but I've got to work till 10 now so can't get there till 10:30 :(
    Fingers crossed they still have some 32 giggers left!
    If not I'm gonna wait for a white one :)

22. macrumors 6502

Holty123

Stock level mania

I have a friend well two, one works at an Apple store the other at an o2 store, they have plenty of stock at both! the low stock level that is leaked by apple,o2.vodaphone etc etc is to create a frenzy so that guys like us queue outside said stores hype hype hype, same when the 3g and 3gs came out remember when you couldn't buy an iphone for months? all done on purpose. still wont stop us queuing though.
    ps my friend at the Apple store told me that they have in the past had plenty of stock but saved it for the Saturday/Sunday customers!

good luck everyone anyway this week
    macintime

23. macrumors newbie

Official Trafford Centre word..

Hi, for all peoples help (even though this could be bad for me as I want one too)

Apparently car parks are all closed until 5am. Doors open from 5:30am for those wanting to queue.

Security staff have upped their numbers in advance to control the obvious queue issues. For this reason they are controlling entry through one entrance (the Boot's entrance) so as to not have multiple queues from all directions. Again, TC are opening one entrance for this reason.

Seriously, I'm mad posting this as it's not going to help my cause in getting an iPhone 4 but there you go he he. If you want, call Manchester Trafford Centre to confirm my post info 0161 746 7777 (management suite)

Hope this helps all, I'll be the guy in an Apple t-shirt doh.. Good Luck!! :)

24. macrumors member

leenoble

Can somebody PM me a mobile number if you're definitely going Thu a.m, so I can ask you if it's worth me coming. I've got to come from south cheshire and I doubt I can get there before 7 as I have to walk the dog first. You might get word from staff that a cut-off point has been established.

25. macrumors regular

Gamst

That's got to be bollocks surely!? They hold back stock and deny paying customers to create hype? If anyone doesn't end up getting one on Friday simply quote this post ;)