Training of Iraqi Security Forces

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

May 22, 2003
    San Francisco
    Bush and his minions have been crowing about the number of Iraqi Security forces that will join the US troops. At the debate he talked of 100,000 such troops with another 25,000 soon to join them, but is it real?

2. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    What I want to know is: is anybody going to challenge him about this lie?
  3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    The day following the debate, NPR did a little debunking exercise on both candidate's claims. This was one of them.
  4. blackfox macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2003
    You know, I read the WashPost debunking article the day after the Debate, and although they did mention the basic inaccuracy of Bush's claim(s), with this one in particular, they were rather vague - only mantioning that the number quoted were in various levels of training. I wonder if there was not sufficient time to research the numbers, or if they were being too lazy...and they are my favorite paper.
  5. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Probably, but it will be lost among the Bushytes rhetoric, just like everything else that talks about the Bush administration's mistakes.

And despite the debunking of both candidates, like Saturday Night Live the other night, I'm sure they are part of the Liberal media conspiracy out to bring down Bush, and how dare they be so unpatriotic because we're in a war, and blah, blah, blah.

People are going to believe what they believe, and the rest of us who see problems with both sides get lost in the shuffle. Of course there aren't going to be enough Iraq people to fight against the terrorists, especially when so many of them are joining with the enemy because they feel they are the lesser of 2 evils (as sad as that may seem). But Bush has to try to seem optimistic in the face of such overwhelming odds. Can Kerry overcome this if he gets elected? We don't know. But at least, I think, if he tries to make a difference, that will be enough for me. And for most people.

That's pretty sad if you think about it, but we are ready for a change. No matter how small it may be, it could mean the difference. We need allies, that's all there is to it.