Traktor DJ Studio 2

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by craigdawg, Mar 20, 2004.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

What's the performance like on a 1.25 (or faster) G4 PB?

Anyone figure out a way to output 4-channels (L/R Main + L/R Monitor) of audio. I can't see how this is possible via the built-in audio. Would a multi-channel USB audio device work?

Thanks!

2. Bhennies macrumors 6502

You could always buy some 1/8" stereo single to dual 1/4" plugs and run them from the stereo output jack into an inexpensive mixer (run the monitor mix direct from the board), or you could just get an inexpensive firewire or USB interface and have better sound quality and multichannel availability. As for the PB performance, I'm curious as well...thinking of getting one for portable Pro Tools setup (DIGI 002 rack). Let me know if you find out! Seriously though, you should get a dedicated audio interface...the Mac soundcards are pretty decent but not sufficient for quality audio work. If you're not looking to spend a lot of cash, look at the Digidesign Mbox (400 bills). Pretty nice little unit (for the money). If you are flush with green...DIGI 002 rack is kick ass. Same as the MOtu gear (with Digital Performer software). Tascam USB interface is not bad either. Good luck...

3. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

I run Traktor 2.0 on my tiBook 1Ghz with no problems...

I use Digigrams vx440 PCMCIA soundcard with 4 audio outs, plugged into an external mixer (let it be told, USE AN EXTERNAL MIXER!!! it makes the whole thing much easier to use, EQs and pre-listening..!)

I got the Digigram because I wanted an internal solution, but the sound drivers are crap and I doubt that I would buy it again (the card does NOT support osX's core driver so I HAVE to use the crappy driver from Digigram..!)

better, get a small 4 out USB audio interface with good osX support (M-Audio or something...)

I haven't used Traktor 2.5, since the last update was incompatible with my soundcard (I talked to both Digigram and NI support 'bout that, so I hope...), and I was stuck with 2.0 (which works very fine for me...) but I'm looking forward to buying a M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi-keyboard/interface next month in order to sync Traktor with my MPC and will upgrade then.

vSpacken