Tranferring data from mobile phone to Computer + vise-versa

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Soulstorm, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I have nokia 7610 and I have Virtual PC 7. I am also using Tiger (but that doesn't matter). My system specs are in my signature.

So, I want to tranfer files from my computer to my phone and vise-versa. Nokia gives a CD intended for PC's and a cable. I installed the cable drivers into my Virtual PC (which is running Windows XP with SP2) and the nokia Software.

But my phone is not recognized! what can i do?

2. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Why do you have to transfer them onto VPC? iSync supports the 7610. Can't you transfer the files onto Tiger and then into VPC? Or am I missing something - I haven't got VPC so I don't know for sure.

3. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Can you please tell me how can I do that using iSync? Really, I am clueless here and this f***** manual is not helping me...

All I have is the phone, the software install CD, (for PC), and a cable that connects to a USB.

When my phone is connected, I see in the System Profiler that I have a 7610 mobile phone connected. But my phone is not appearing into the iSync.

4. DVDSP macrumors regular

I think in iSync you need to choose "Add Device" from the "Devices" menu. I haven't added anything in quite some time so I don't remember exactly, but it's pretty straight-forward.

Good luck,

5. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

nah, doesn't work. I will have to ask someone else at nokia...

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Which files are you trying to transfer? Does the phone have Bluetooth?

I transfer image/video/music files back and forth using the Bluetooth File Exchange. Pair the phone and the Mac then choose Browse Device from the Mac and you can go through the file structure on the phone and Get/Send files.

7. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

My phone has bluetooth. But my mac hasn't bluetooth module installed. You have bluetooth?

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

Yeah, my Powerbook has Bluetooth installed. To be honest, I'd consider buying a Bluetooth USB dongle. I've found it the easiest way to transfer contacts/files between phone and Mac.

9. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

if the pb has bluetooth integrated, why use a dongle? i would not use a dongle, if i were you. it is not reliable.

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

Not me! :rolleyes: Soulstorm who is having trouble transferring files across without Bluetooth.