Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2001
Has anyone use iChat AV to chat across the Atlantic. Ideally from US to EU. If you have, did you use Video or Audio? How well do either work, and what type of connection were both parties using? Any thoughts/experiences on this would be appreciated greatly.

I am expressly interested in cable to cable or DSL to DSL, Cable to DSL connections and how well the video worked for those connections, and then the audio. Something like that.

Please, no one type about Jobs' transatlantic chat @ MWSF '03, personal experience is what I'm a lookin' for.

cheers

My experience is not over the Atlantic ocean, but I've done many over the Pacific: between Tokyo and Detroit.

It was between Powerbook G4 and iBook, both equipped with iSight over broadband connection. I had a fibre-optic 100M and the other had a fast colleage dorm-type of line.

The voice and video quality was totally good, as good as my iChat AV experiences within Japan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.