transfer everything from Outlook Express to Entourage ???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Letters, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Letters macrumors newbie

Like the title says, does anyone know a way to transfer everything from Outlook Express to Entourage on the same system.

I have an older mac running os9 with Outlook express 5 and I want to install tiger on it.

The problem is I don't want to lose any of my messages, contacts or anything. I tried exporting the contacts and opening the file on a friends computer and that was fine, but I still need my messages.

Any suggestions??

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Within Entourage, select the File > Import... menu item. Check Import information from a program and then continue.

Having told you how to get started, I advise you to avoid Entourage like the plague. If you do a quick search on Entourage on this forum, you will find numerous users having problems with this POS from Microsoft. Apple's bundled Mail client is so much more reliable. It can also import mail messages from Outlook Express. If you don't like Mail, there are numerous third-party alternatives, including Mozilla's opensource Thunderbird and stalwart Eudora. Whatever you choose, it will be more reliable than Entourage.