Transfer music collection from PC to Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chosenwolf, May 13, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

What method is the most efficient? Can I use a USB (pc) to Firewire 800 (mac) cable to connect my two computers for the transfer? Or is there a more effiecient way to do so? I am planning on transferring a lot of big files later on so the fastest method would be best.

Thanks for your input and patience with a mac newbie =)

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I would say the easiest/cheapest solution would be to use an ethernet cable, to link the two together, you would need to get a crossover cable, it won't be that quick but it'll be easy to set up and get the job done.

unless the PC happens to have a Firewire port, in which case the fastest method is to use the firewire cable to create a network between the two.

3. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

What about over the air? I can transfer files back and forth through my network, however I wish it was faster.

4. reh macrumors 6502a

Wireless is painfully slow for transferring large amounts of data.

5. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I'd recommend doing it over the network. Definitely spend the small amount of dough for an ethernet cable though, wireless will be a huge PITA

6. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Unless you have the time. Like if you want to set it to transfer and then, say, go out and catch a movie or something. Then why spend more to do the same thing?