transfer pics from iphoto to forum's attachment file

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by furcalchick, Jan 31, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

every time i try to attach a photo on this forum, i always have to go through the directory that pops out every time and find it the old fashioned way. i'm not saying it's bad, but it's a bit nagging that i have to go through this, as i name my photo files different than in the iphoto library.

is there any way i can directly transfer the photo from iphoto to the attachment file? thanks.

part two, how can i do the same thing for a photo i want to make my desktop?

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Well, the desktop background is easy: At least in the latest version of iPhoto ('06), just select the photo and select "Desktop" from the "Share" menu. Bingo, it's been set to your desktop background.

As for the attachment, if you want to attach the full-sized photo, you can do this: Bring up the "Manage Attachments" window, then click one of the "Browse" buttons, then drag the photo directly from your iPhoto library to the file window; it should bring up the location where the photo's original is stored (in the iPhoto library file) and highlight the photo. Then just click Open.

Sometimes the first time you drag it to the file window it will just go to the correct folder without the particular picture you want highlighted, but if you drag it again, it will highlight that particular photo.

If you want to resize them, however, you need to go through the whole export process.

3. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

it works. tried it from both sides, and it's wonderful!!!

thanks!!!