Transfer Sky+ recordings onto G5

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by IainB, May 17, 2006.

1. IainB macrumors newbie

Nov 26, 2003
    I have some OU programs on Sky+ which I need to transfer for my course. I feel this should be really easy - what's the minimum I need to connect the Sky+ to my Mac?
  2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    You can't transfer them directly, you'll have to get a tv adapter for the G5, connect it to the Sky+ box, click record on the software on the G5 and push play on the Sky box.
  3. andym172 macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2003
    I didn't know you could do this.

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of said adapter?
  4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Jul 28, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
  5. IainB thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 26, 2003

Thanks guys. But all the Elgato and Miglia seem to be primarily geared to function as receivers between terrestrial TV and the Mac.

So rather than buy another box (with functions I'm not really after) I think I'm going to use the Copy function in Sky+ and the S Video output and pass the signal straight through my camcorder to the Mac. If that doesn't work I can just tape it and then import/digitise it.

It seems crazy though that you don't seem to be able to transfer the digital recording straight into DV-quality on the Mac. There are optical outs for audio but for video they still talk about "transferring to VHS" to free up space. PLEAAASE - can you still even BUY a VHS machine?