Transfer Songs From iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by CommonMan, Mar 21, 2007.

1. CommonMan macrumors regular

CommonMan

I just got a new computer with new blank iTunes. My 80gb iPod has a ton of music on it. I would like to transfer the music from the ipod to the new itunes and then build on that foundation. How do I transfer the songs from the iPod to the new iTunes?

2. dnordstrom macrumors member

dnordstrom

The iPod is designed to prevent piracy, thus you cannot copy songs from one computer to another using official Apple tools.

I would suggest doing a search for third party software either on this forum or Google, transfer your music to your new computers hard drive and finally add them to iTunes.

3. CommonMan thread starter macrumors regular

CommonMan

Memory Trigger

Okay, you just triggered a memory. I knew I had done something like this before but it's been a while. I think I used something called "TinkerTools" which is a third party software. I cannot remember exactly how I used it but I actually see it on this computer. Sorry, it's TinkerTool. It is an aplication that gives one access to additional preference settings Apple has built into Mac OS X. Allows activation of hidden features in operating system. But how did I apply it to download the music from the iPod?

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Download Senuti and use it to transfer songs, playlists, podcasts, movies etc. from your iPod to your new Mac.

5. CommonMan thread starter macrumors regular

CommonMan

Better Than Tinker T

Is Senuti better than TinkerTools?

How much does it cost?

6. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

i posted the same exact question a few months ago....search the forums for it...i think it even has a similar title to this thread....

http://fadingred.org/senuti/

It's free