Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Well i feel kind of bad about this but it didnt cause any harm. I burned a Dvd full of stuff for a friend, and unwittingly gave him a few infected files. Now i dont have any sort of antivirus software on my iMac because i dont need it. But when things like this happen i wish i had one. My question is has this happened to any of you and do you have any suggestions? I refuse to by Norton ( 50 bucks for the off chance this happens again? ).

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
Wait, your iMac had infected files? Or did you have non working windows virus' on your computer that you transfered?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I blew up a client's server by passing on a virus...they were not happy.

I have virus software just for my stupid PC clients. :rolleyes:

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
yankeefan24 said:
Wait, your iMac had infected files? Or did you have non working windows virus' on your computer that you transfered?
usually it's an infected file that doesn't do anything on the mac but goes on to infect windows.

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
I assume that these files were downloaded from a P2P client. Which would explain quite a bit.

My network policy is that all computers must have anti-virus software so that something like this would never happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.