Transfering Bookmarks: IE OS 9 to OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Greencardman, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Ok, got a computer at work, Powermac G4 running Os 9.2. Need to get all the bookmarks from IE (don't know what version, but whatever was made last for OS 9.2) and get them to the computer at home via email or disk. I have Panther at home, and use Safari and IE, doesn't matter, but I just need all my bookmarks. I saw the thread on transferring boomarks from Netscape to Safari, but how is it done from IE (OS 9.2) to OS X?

Thanks

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

IE for MacOS 9 and IE for MacOS X use the same Favorites file, which is just an HTML file. On your MacOS 9 computer, look inside System Folder/Preferences/Explorer/. You will find a file named Favorites.html. Copy this file. On your MacOS X computer's, click on the Home icon. Look inside ~/Library/Preferences/Explorer/. Locate the file named Favorites.html. Rename this file to something like Favorites (old).html. Copy your MacOS 9 favorites file to this location. Start-up Explorer. Click your Favorites menu. Voilá.

3. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502