Transfering downloaded content

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Lollypop, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

Sort of related to a previous question.

South Africa's Internet (more specifically ISP) market is a tradegy, when I lived with my dad we had a nice connection and could download up to 20gigs before being cut off, now that I live on my own I cant really afford such a expensive connection, but I still want to listen to all my podcasts and watch all my video podcasts, also thinking of starting to buy videos from the iTMS (with vouchers - ye i know its not really legal).

At my work I can download almost all the stuff I want (during the night when the firewall allows such things), so is there a way I can stransfer those downloaded files from my windows laptop (running itunes) to my powerbook at home and have the content go where is suppose to go, podcasts into podcasts, video podcast into the video section, and more importantly the purchased content to where its suppose to go?

2. live4ever macrumors 6502a

All you need to do is burn a CD/DVD and import them in iTunes, for DRM'd material such as TV shows you'd have to authorize the PowerBook. All the podcast info is embedded in the tags so it would transfer over.

3. Lollypop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

I kinda though that, with burn a DVD what exactly do you mean? what Im hoping to do is have my itunes library here at work, and simply drag it onto my ipod in explorer and then drag it into itunes on my powerbook and have itunes there sort it accordingly. I havnt used the store before, but Im asuming that I can copy my DRM'd content any way I like (like the ipod method mentioned above) but it will only play on authorized machines?

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Oh, you want to use the iPod in disk mode to move the files around? Yeah, that will work. The DRM does work as you hoped it would too.

5. Lollypop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lollypop