Transfering iTunes Songs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by qbmcnabb108, Dec 25, 2006.

1. qbmcnabb108 macrumors member

qbmcnabb108

Hey! I just opened my new MacBook and I LOVE IT!! Anyways I burned all my songs to a dvd to transfer to my Mac and when I put the dvd in it says that there is nothing on the disk. I can tell that something is burned on the disk though. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

it happened to me b4 that osx can't read some dvds burned under windows, just go back to a windows machine, and transfer your files with external harddrive or through home network

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Depends on how you burned the disk and what software you used on the PC. A common mistake is not closing the session...

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

it can't be called a mistake if software allows it and windows can read it tho :p

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Are you kidding? Nero with its drag and drop burning trips people up all the time. Try and take the disk to another PC without Nero and you'll get the same problem. :rolleyes:

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

errr.... from my experience, my disk has nothin to do with nero, still, when OSX open it, it shows nothin in it, while windows can read the content.

I used nero under linux tho, generally, i think Nero is the best burning software out there.

7. qbmcnabb108 thread starter macrumors member

qbmcnabb108

Oh, ok. Thanks. I'm gonna try using my iPod now!