Transferring files to a 15" PB

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by matt1190, Nov 4, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2005
    Hey guys! Well, I've officially taken the plunge into the Mac world and absolutely love it! However, before I ditch my Windows machine I'd like to get a couple GB's worth of art/photos off of it. Whats the best way to do this? Can you connect the two together through a network cable, Firewire cable?, or am I better off just burning DVD discs with the information?

Thanks for all of your help! This 15" PB should get me by until my PowerMac purchase ;)

2. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Welcome to Macs. :)

For a couple of GBs, I'd burn a DVD but if you want to, you can use a ethernet cable (or wireless network) to transfer files by networking them. :)
  3. macrumors 68000

Oct 31, 2005
    Twin Cities, MN
    I just got my 15'' Powerbook yesterday as well, and transferred around 38 gigs last night. Given that both my PC and my Powerbook have a Gigabit connection, I transferred 38 gb in about 20 minutes! I love it. I originally was trying to transfer the data over my wireless network, and the estimated time was something like 35 hours or whatever...totally ridiculous. Needless to say, i was quite happy seeing that Gigabit connection flying along.