Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VesselA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2015
I was wondering if you could plug your camera directly into the lightning port by adding the small micro usb to lightning adapter and connecting your camera direct with the micro usb cable.

Or is the only way to transfer photos with the camera connection kit adapter? Has anyone tried the direct micro usb cable with micro usb to lightning adapter? as this would remove the bulk and need for the connection kit, you could even leave the micro usb cable hanging from your good quality camera and plug it straight into the iPad without having the camera connection kit sticking out

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I was wondering if you could plug your camera directly into the lightning port by adding the small micro usb to lightning adapter and connecting your camera direct with the micro usb cable.

Or is the only way to transfer photos with the camera connection kit adapter? Has anyone tried the direct micro usb cable with micro usb to lightning adapter? as this would remove the bulk and need for the connection kit, you could even leave the micro usb cable hanging from your good quality camera and plug it straight into the iPad without having the camera connection kit sticking out
Most good cameras have wifi so you can do it wirelessly

hiddenmarkov

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2014
Japan
Most good cameras have wifi so you can do it wirelessly

Not all good camera's are recent enough to have wireless. I shoot a nikon d700. Not only I view this as still a very good body to work with. Enter ye old skill with gear and good gear selection photography debates. I have leaned to glass over body by and large over the years. Concepts like depth of field tend to glass based not body. And some glass works DOF better.

D750 is trying to tempt me but to the d700's credit I still am going can I let her go still. Did not have this issue when I went DX to FX with the D700. My good dx body long ago....I dumped with no thought day one of test use in the store lol.

Annoying my wife as I keep going to the store with best price in area. Probably annoying sales staff as I keep on using it with my glass as well. They display with a consumer grade lens. Think the sales staff tolerates me as I bring in real nice glass. Nikkor pro glass, some Zeiss as well to make them go well so I at least keep it interesting.

Last edited:

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Not all good camera's are recent enough to have wireless. I shoot a nikon d700. Not only I view this as still a very good body to work with. Enter ye old skill with gear and good gear selection photography debates. I have leaned to glass over body by and large over the years. Concepts like depth of field tend to glass based not body. And some glass works DOF better.

D750 is trying to tempt me but to the d700's credit I still am going can I let her go still. Did not have this issue when I went DX to FX with the D700. My good dx body long ago....I dumped with no thought day one of test use in the store lol.

Annoying my wife as I keep going to the store with best price in area. Probably annoying sales staff as I keep on using it with my glass as well. They display with a consumer grade lens. Think the sales staff tolerates me as I bring in real nice glass. Nikkor pro glass, some Zeiss as well to make them go well so I at least keep it interesting.
I hear you, I have Sony a7ii and cannon 6d actually I don't even know if the 6d has wireless it barely gets used the Sony is much better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.