Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
Just a quick question. I'm going to transfer my files and settings from my last revision Powerbook to my new one,before sending the old one backto Apple. I have a problem with my ADSL modem (D-Link) not working with Airport Express 6.2.0 so I've have to downgrade to 6.1.1 and it all works fine. My question is when I transfer everything over and go through my set up will it use Airport Express 6.2.0 or will it revert to the 6.1.1 that I need ????

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You're talking about AirPort firmware which is kept inside the AirPort (base station), not the laptop so you'll keep 6.1.1. Having said that, the first time you run Software Update, it'll probably offer you to upgrade to 6.2 but you'll be able to ignore it. :)

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
Thanks as ever for the reply mad jew. My other issue is how do I do software upgrades without updating Airport Express ??? I did a OS X update a few weeks back which ( I think ) automatically updated my Airport Express. I had to downgrade and reset Airport Express again or is this the only answer if I want to keep my software up-to-date ?????

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
When you run Software Update there's a menu option letting you ignore an item but I forget which menu it is, sorry. :eek:

I think selecting the item and pressing DELETE has the same effect, it might be worth a try. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.