Transferring Thunderbird email contacts to new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macworksgreat, Mar 8, 2011.

1. macworksgreat, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

macrumors member

OK. I know it is probably on this forum somewhere but I can't find it in "search". Yesterday I bought my wife an iPad not iPad 2 but the 1. I am now trying to move her email contacts (in Thunderbird) from her MacBook to the iPad but I cannot figure out how. It is probably (probably wit emphasis) easy but this old guy can't find that easy way. :confused:

Anyone done it? Thx in advance.

George

2. thread starter macrumors member

The case is...as Clouseau would say "s-o-l-v-e-d"

I knew it had to be simple. All I did was "export" Thunderbird's email contact list to the desktop and then "imported" them into the apple Contacts. From there I uploaded the contacts to MobileMe (signed-up for a 60 day trial).

Then went into the iPad settings and into Mail, Contacts, Calendars. From my wife's MobileMe account I just had to make sure the Contacts was "on" and when pressed it asked if I wanted to Merge...it actually asked Do You Want to Merge Idiot?:D

Voila! The contacts magically appeared on her iPad. She will be happy. I told you it was probably simple...and this Idiot couldn't figure it all out until I got hold of Apple Care after I loaded up the contacts on MobileMe.:)