Transferring VHS video to DV Camcorder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by leafsfan1967, Nov 13, 2003.

1. leafsfan1967 macrumors newbie

I have a Sony DCRTRV20 digital camcorder. I want to record a segment I have on VHS and onto the camera so I can edit it digitally. I cannot seem to figure out a way to do this.

Any suggestions?

I have plugged the AV jack cables into the VCR from the digital camera. I have tried pressing record on the camera and then play on the VCR but I just get a blank screen on the camera aftwards.

2. leet1 macrumors 6502

Not sure if Sony is the same or not, but make sure your in camera mode and not player. Thats how it works on mine. Then play on vcr and record on camcorder.

3. leafsfan1967 thread starter macrumors newbie

THe mode has to be in play mode or it won't let me press record on the camera.

4. DVDSP macrumors regular

I don't remember exactly how to do it but on my Sony there is a setting in the menu that is for DV Out or DV In (the terminology they use is what I don't remember). If it is set to out your incoming signal from the VCR won't be seen. Switching it to the other setting should allow you do get your VHS in.

HTH,