Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's your opinion of Transformers (the movie)?

• Great!

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Good

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Mediocre

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Disappointing

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Have not seen it

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

PreacherKane

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
London, England
The problem with modern-day adaptations of old classics, is that the director has to please alot of people. Anybody that remembers the original, will be disappointed because it is not exactly the same. And the new audience will want to be blow away by the latest sfx.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
What looks so bad that it's prompting you to cry? It's a film adaptation of a cartoon series.

What's wrong? The question is what isn't wrong. My issues:
1) The trailer appears to have the story focus on the humans, not the robots
2) The trailers seems to hint at a love story being built into the plot
3) The transformers are have crappy paint jobs
4) I'm sure there are more, but I'm hungry.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
1) The trailer appears to have the story focus on the humans, not the robots
That doesn't surprise me at this stage, to be honest. On of the main curiosities of this film is going to be what the Transformers actually look like, how they move and change... a teaser trailer isn't going to give too much away too soon, best to keep the audience guessing.

The film might turn out to be a total turkey, but it's too early to decide just yet.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
That doesn't surprise me at this stage, to be honest. On of the main curiosities of this film is going to be what the Transformers actually look like, how they move and change... a teaser trailer isn't going to give too much away too soon, best to keep the audience guessing.

The film might turn out to be a total turkey, but it's too early to decide just yet.

Good point. I should have have realized that from the first teaser. But, I stand by the love story that is hinted to. And that, being a Bay tradition, is a bigger concern than humans in general.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Not to mention he's a spy... Not a muscle car that will give away his presence from miles away...

Well, I guess we can't expect them to leave everything exactly the same as the old show. I just hope they don't stray too much from the fundamentals and ruin things as a result. Although I suppose some would argue it's already too late for that... :eek: ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.