Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Germwise

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2009
I live in dc and ride the metro. Over of my favorite iOS apps is transit, fort it's night shade metro widget.

Essentially, I can pull down my night shade, and the widget instantly figures out skill the train times for the metro station nearest me based on location.
d
It lets me know whether I should put a pep in my step to catch the next train, or if I can take it easy. There used nothing worse than seeing your train arteriovenous at the station when you are s quarter block away ( especially if it's not rush hour and it could be 20 mind to the next train).

It would be amazing if I could add s complication to the watch that would do the same for my most used metro line. Does transit already do this? I'd there any app that does?

Reactions: DeepIn2U

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Transit has an app for the watch (as you probably know), but it looks like they haven't added a complication yet.

Check CityMapper, though. I forgot that I have it; I may have even used it before.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Transit has an app for the watch (as you probably know), but it looks like they haven't added a complication yet.

Check CityMapper, though. I forgot that I have it; I may have even used it before.
CityMapper is great in NYC. And it sounds like they have a big update ready for WatchOS 3 (judging by their update over the weekend that said "This is NOT the WatchOS3 update".)

mjohansen

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2010
Denmark
CityMapper is great in NYC. And it sounds like they have a big update ready for WatchOS 3 (judging by their update over the weekend that said "This is NOT the WatchOS3 update".)
When I launch Citymapper on my S2 watch it just says "Updating City - Please wait while we get city details". How long does that take?

Germwise

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2009
The city mapper app isn't very helpful to me. You need to initiate a navigation by indicating where you are headed before you get information on public transportation.

I go to the same places. I know where I am going and I don't need directions. What I am really interested in is getting info on train/bus availability.

Am I don't something wrong?

I've also tried using the transit app. No complication, but I docked the application for easy access. The problem i'm having with it is SUPER slow refresh. When I pull down the widget on my iphone, it immediately reaches out to the server and within 2-5 seconds I have the info. On the phone, It can take 20-30 seconds. Sometimes, it never updates!

I'm hoping these issues are fixed as this is one of the primary use cases for my apple watch.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Some screenshots of CityMapper's complications:
Starting a trip:
9102b340d8f57078509e7fdfff584195.jpg

No trip set:
09a90a74c0e7e056791dbf74313220d0.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.