transitions in imovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by minuit3101, Aug 20, 2006.

1. minuit3101 macrumors newbie

Aug 20, 2006
    can anyone tell me why the "add" button is grey for most of the transitions i want to add between clips? i'm sure there's a simple answer, but i can't figure it out.
    thanks in advance!
  2. skimaxpower Guest

Jan 13, 2006
    (it's been a while since I used iMovie, but...)

Look in your timeline: Are your two clips touching each other. Did you accidentally leave a little space there? If they are not adjacent, many clip-to-clip style transitions may not work.
  3. Connie770 macrumors newbie

Sep 30, 2006
    Same problem

I've also had a hard time doing any other transitions
    in iMovie ever since the HD upgrade.

Only 'wash in' and 'wash out' work for me.
    Even with just the photos

I get the grey 'Add' button for the others.

What should I do to fix it ?? :confused:

(I do not know where my serial number is.):confused: :confused:

Is there a patch for this -- I just did the regular upgrade tonight --
    no change.... ???
  4. GKThursday macrumors regular

May 25, 2005
    Clip length?

This might be completely wrong, but I think it has to do with the time you have the clip playing. If the clip isn't long enough, you can't put in certain transitions. E.g. You can't put a transition in that takes 1.5 seconds from each clip if they are only 1 second each.
    As I said, I could be wrong, but I think I have had that problem before.

5. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Jul 2, 2005
    if i remember right just drag the transistion you want into the timeline between the clips. Forget that add thing... I never figured out how to use it
  6. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

Sep 28, 2006
    as the previous poster mentioned you can just drag the transition in between. if you want to use "add", select 2 clips by using "CMD-Click". Then, the "add" will be enabled. you can then use that to add the transition. either one should work though.