Translucent top bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hibbity, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Hibbity macrumors member

Every once and a while, like when I run UT, the top bar (i dont know what you all call it...you know,the bar with the clock, "file," etc) will go translucent, and I'd love it if it would stay like that in the same whay you can auto-hide the dock. Is there any way to do this?

2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

not 100% sure what you are talking about but maybe Shapeshifter will do what you are looking for.

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I know what you're talking about ... I noticed this last night when I quit AIM.

The silver menubar at the top turns into the same color as your background, right? I've seen invisible docks (without that cloudy white shading) but I've never seen a hack for the topbar. Let us know if you find one.

4. Hibbity thread starter macrumors member

yeah thats what im talking about...shapeshifter costs to use indefinitely, and its not worth $20...anyone?

5. Hibbity thread starter macrumors member

rrrgggghhhh

It went translucent again, which made me sad as I can't figure out how to make it be like that all the time. Any thoughts?

6. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

The same thing happens to me when I quite aim. It looks pretty cool. For like the one second it is like that.