Transmit 3 released

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aus_dave, Feb 16, 2005.

1. aus_dave macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2004
    Not sure if this has been mentioned on here yet...

Transmit version 3 has just been released. The most obvious improvement is the addition of column view so that it behaves just like Finder. Server-to-server transfer looks useful too.

The upgrade price of $17.95 is a little steep IMHO, considering the purchase price is $29.95. Guess I'll try the new version for a bit longer and see how it performs.
  2. Brize macrumors 6502a

Jun 13, 2004
    Thanks for posting that, aus_dave. The new features are pretty cool, but I agree that the upgrade price is a little disappointing. I'll probably stick with version 2 for the meantime.
  3. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Wow, nice. I loved Transmit 2.x when I used it. Good to know they're not standing still as far as development goes. I'm not developing any sites right now, and don't need a FTP software, but if/when I do, I'll make sure I check 3.0 out.
  4. atari1356 macrumors 68000

Feb 27, 2004
    I tried it out and at first I thought it was kind of buggy... but after turning off "passive mode" in the preferences it seems to be working fine now with a server that I connect to daily.

It's a bit faster than RBrowserLite - but still doesn't have one feature that I love, which is the ability to have folders show up at the top of a file listing.

I'm going to keep trying it out though, along with Interarchy. It's time for me to replace RBrowserLite with something better. :D
  5. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Transmit's synchronize feature managed to wipe out all the data on my 120GB drive. Thanks Panic! At least give us a warning or at least give us the ability to recover the data.
  6. dav macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh man, that is terrible :(
  7. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

Jan 8, 2003
    Western Hemisphere
    I love transmit 2 and owned a licensed copy. While I haven't d/l'd 3, Synching in 2 was sketchy (see above...) and not being able to type in or copy/paste a directory path is a little annoying.

That said, it runs great and it's the only FTP program I use on OSX.
  8. zkmusa macrumors member

Jul 16, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    If you hit Command-Shift-G, a box will pop up where you can type in or copy/paste a directory path.

I guess you go to OU..... I'm a UT student...