Transmitter for 5G iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jknight8907, Apr 2, 2006.

1. jknight8907
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I've currently got a 3G 15gb iPod, a 'plain' iTrip, and a 12v charger. I'm going to Ireland in June, so I'm thinking of getting a 30gb 5G because 1, my current battery life is around 3 hours, 2, I need something to store the photos I take on, and 3, it would be nice to be able to watch a movie on it.

I also do a lot of volunteer work in an area where there are ZERO good radio stations. So, I use the charger and iTrip to supply music. However, the way I understand it, I won't be able to use my current iTrip (the one that plugs into the top of the iPod) with a new 5G. What transmitter WILL work? I'm very happy with the quality of my iTrip so I hate to give it up, but if I must I must. Also I'd like to save $20 and be able to use my current 12v charger (just a plane jane rig that looks like a phone charger, 12v on one end, dock connector on the other).

So, what do i need? :confused:

thanks!

2. iMeowbot
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Right. Apple took away the old remote connector.
    There is a new iTrip that attaches to the dock connector.

Your old charger will probably still work, the dock connector hasn't changed much.

3. jknight8907
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

So that new iTrip has a dock connector slot on the bottom of it, so you can charge while using the xmitter?

4. iMeowbot
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G3

iMeowbot

No :( You could use a more generic style of transmitter like the Belkin one if you want to do that.

5. jknight8907
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

:( is right.....I guess that Belkin one wouldn't be too bad...my 12v cord is the one that can power it. The TuneBase looks cool, but not for $80. Hmm