Transparent Dock help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DinoAdventure, Oct 9, 2005.

1. DinoAdventure macrumors member

DinoAdventure

So I started messing around Transparent Dock yesterday, and it seemed cool at first but now it's giving me some trouble. Whenever I click on an application in the dock, it automaticly hides all other open apps. To keep it from doing this I have to option-click the app I want, which has become quite annoying. Before I installed Transparent Dock I could option click each app to hide/show it.

I deleted transparent dock after resetting my old dock backup and it still does the same thing. I also repaired permissions and restarted the machine, but to no avail.

How can I get it back to normal?

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Are you running Tiger? If so, use spotlight to find the preference list for transparent dock and any other files thus named and trash all of those... then try repairing permissions again, and if needed, try restarting your computer.

that's the best I could come up w/. :eek:

3. DinoAdventure thread starter macrumors member

DinoAdventure

Yeah I'm running tiger. A preference file came up in Spotlight. I deleted it and restarted, but no dice :( Thanks for trying though!

4. DinoAdventure thread starter macrumors member

DinoAdventure

Anyone else want to take a crack at this? I am open to any suggestions, I have no idea what to do.

5. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

You need to delete the com.apple.dock.plist file to change that setting.

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Have you tried getting rid of the dock's preference file, too...? ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

Edit: Just like NeoMayhem suggests... ;)

There's a chance Transparent Dock (or some other app) has invoked a hidden Dock preference, and exchanged clicking and option-clicking (like you can with the iTMS arrows in iTunes)...

7. DinoAdventure thread starter macrumors member

DinoAdventure

That did the trick, thank you both very much!

8. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

If you want to play around with your dock I would suggest to use ClearDock as it runs as an application enhancer meaning it doesn't actually change any of your dock files so you won't get screwed as what can happen with Transparent Dock. Transparent Dock fried my iMac's dock, luckily I had just backed up the hard drive with CCC the day before so I just re-installed then switched to ClearDock and haven't had a problem.