Transporting Video Game Console Via Airplane?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Maclarny, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I'm headed back to school next week with my brand new Xbox 360 and was debating whether to pack it up nicely and take it on the plane as ticketed luggage or to ship it. I know I'm being a bit nervous, but a $400 investment was pretty big for me and I don't want so much as a scratch on it just yet :p

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks.

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Put it in the middle of your suitcase, surrounded by clothes. Leave the box at home. I've transported my Wii and Cube this way many a time. The amount of electronics I used to take on the plane when I was younger and often spent the holidays in Germany was ridiculous, I must have looked like a crazy bomber!!

3. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Put the console in the middle of your carry-on luggage (it's not THAT big, right?) Put the rest of the gear in your checked luggage. This prevents any crushage, lossage, takeage, etc.

If the console is too big for your carry-on, consider buying a Wii instead. ;)

4. Maclarny thread starter macrumors 6502

Maclarny

As of now I'm planning on repacking it in it's original box (surprisingly, not that large) and shoving it in it's own suitcase with some extra packing and then checking it. I Don't see why it shouldn't work.

Thanks for the advice!

5. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

Cuz checked baggage can be stolen since it is out of your possession. How about you just take the box with you as your carry on and check everything else. it doesn't have to be in a suitcase.

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I just did this 2 days ago with a PS3. I put everything in my luggage (box (folded), cables, controllers etc.) and then kept the PS3 in my carry-on wrapped in a sweater. Made it home just nicely.