Trash problem!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rokusaburo, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Rokusaburo macrumors member

Rokusaburo

Hey gang.

I've been having this problem where when I want to empty the Trash, the deleted files still appear to remain there and the Trash icon stays as the "full" icon. However, when I open the Trash, all the files seem to delete themselves as I click on them (only once) and the Trash icon changes to "empty" when I have clicked on all of them.

This bug has been really annoying and any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am running the latest verison of OS X (10.4.2)

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Considering your other problem this might actually be a good time to repair permissions, in case an installer or something has messed with those.

BTW, 10.4.2 is not the latest version. 10.4.8 is. If you really are running 10.4.2, you might want to run Software Update (available from your Apple menu), too...

PS! I moved the thread to the Mac Basic and Help forum, which is better for getting help... :)

3. Rokusaburo thread starter macrumors member

Rokusaburo

Sorry, my mistake, yeah I'm running 10.4.8. Anyway, I tried repairing permissions, but that didn't work.

P.S. Thanks for moving the threads, I wasn't sure where to post it.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

No problem, just trying to help... :)

Next thing to try (for both problems): Log into another account (make one if you have to) and see if the problem persist there.