Trash Sound Gone - HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by HelixOmnimedia, Mar 24, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hello,

The sound for putting something in to the trash and the emptying sound of the trash is gone. :confused: It's just silent. (yes my volume is up :p and nothing is playing in the background like iTunes - so i should be able to hear it).

Any idea how I can get it back?

Thanks.

2. numediaman macrumors 6502a

I know on my mini sometimes the system sounds go away after I have used "Audacity" -- this is what I do to restore the sounds . . .

Open up Garageband -- open up the virtual keyboard, play a note or two -- that's it. Now check your system sounds.

3. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

This happens to me occasionally in both 10.3.9 and 10.4.9. I usually just make a note to restart the computer next time I'm not using it.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

go to the sound icon in system preferences and go to sound affects and then alerty volume. Make sure alert volume is on and the play user interface sound affects button is checked.

5. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Funny, I just searched for this topic. I was having this problem under 10.4.7, and now I'm having it again under 10.4.9.

A reset works, but I'll try the garage band solution. Thanks.

Edit: Didn't work. Reset is my only choice.

6. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

I had this problem in Mac OS 10.4.6 and updated to OS 10.4.9 and didn't have this problem anymore.