Travel Dilemma

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sathos, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Sathos macrumors regular

I'm looking for a few suggestions to solve a tiny problem, if anyone has any good ideas :)

In a couple of weeks, my family will be going to San Francisco for vacation. We had been planning on bringing our PowerBook to look up a few things while there, unload pictures from dad's camera, etc. But today the hard drive decided to start having problems and it needs to be taken in for repairs, likely won't be ready by the time we leave. I think for looking a few things up the lobby of the hotel will have a computer, but where to stick photos from dad's camera is a bit of a problem. So my question is, does anyone have any ideas on a way to store them? Besides the obvious answer of another memory card that is.. I think they might be somewhat expensive. Thanks for any suggestions :)

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Do you have an iPod because there are special camera connectors (like this one) which allow you directly transfer photos to an iPod from a memory card.

3. Sathos thread starter macrumors regular

Oh! That's not a bad idea actually.. and not insanely expensive. I'll give that link to my dad, thanks for posting it! :D

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

That's the Australian price btw, so it's only about $40 in Canada. :)

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You can "rent" a laptop from Apple. Buy it from an Apple Store, and when you get back return it and pay the restocking fee :D

6. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

They might as well buy another memory stick rather than pay a restocking fee