Travel with 15PB

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by advres, Feb 20, 2004.

1. advres Guest

advres

I bring my 15PB to work everyday and have always shut it down before i put it in my bag for traveling. This past week I just started closeing the lid (putting it to sleep) and commuting with it like this. I don't see any problems with this but if a techy could give me some info to whether i'm gonna screw something up i would appreciate it.

I really don't care about having to shut it down if need be but i prefer to leave it running. Any comments?

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I don't know about the technical side of things, but I can say that I've been doing this with my Ti400 ever since I installed OS X on it (at least 2 years), and it's been running fine all that time. The only time I shut it down is if I won't be using it or plugging it in for several days.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    theres no harm in letting it sleep during the comute.

4. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

There should be no problems and you should just be fine. At least what my experience are and what I heard of. Just put it in sleep mode.

5. advres thread starter Guest

advres

thank you all. I assumed i would be ok but it nevers hurts to get a few more opinions

6. Calvinatir macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

lol..i HOPE there is nothign wrong with puting it to sleep! my powerbook 17 will stay on for months on end without a shutdown...it goes to sleep between classes and while Im asleep..heh