Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
You pay for their service, submit your imei, and then wait for your confirmation email.

I'm guessing these companies are exploiting something on the carrier side, as the unlock appears to work exactly like when a carrier does it.

They've been doing this for years now, have you really never heard of this?

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
You pay for their service, submit your imei, and then wait for your confirmation email.

I'm guessing these companies are exploiting something on the carrier side, as the unlock appears to work exactly like when a carrier does it.

Have they really been doing sim unlocks so cheaply for years? Seems to me mostly what was offered were software jailbreak unlocks. Just a year ago people were asking att forum members to sell their five unlocks allowance.

What is offered now is much simpler.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut

No, I haven't heard of them past the 3G or 3GS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.