travelling ideas for the mac mini?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by durk, May 22, 2005.

1. durk macrumors newbie

May 18, 2005
    Hoping i can get some suggestions from as many people as possible, I am going to purchase the mac mini in the near future but my current situation will mean travelling on a plane with the mac mini a few times a year. I have only been able to find one website that sells mac mini carrying cases which dont look suitable. I am hoping to carry my mac mini, a 15" tft screen and my mouse and keyboard any suggestions? sorry the reason for not buying a desktop is i am a student and i want my mac mini locked safe away in my room where no other students can decide to wreck it.
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    First suggestion is to definitely go BT and get the BT mouse and KB, less cords/wires the better. i wont ask why you are getting a desktop if you are traveling but anyways.....

you might want to check out for cases. even though they may not be designed for the mac mini in particular, they are very rugged and durable and may offer the protection you desire
  3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    Maybe you have good reasons for a mac mini, but if youre travelling alot get a iBook its the same power and portable,

My $0.02
  4. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Jan 27, 2005
    The one time i took my mini out was in the box it came with. I didn't need the keyboard so i put my mouse in there as well. Clean.
    I do agree with getting an iBook if you are really going to travel with it a lot. A screen is not fun to transport and they come in bigger boxes ;).