travelling to Germany with a Canadian PowerBook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by flat6, May 4, 2006.

1. flat6 macrumors regular

It's a 2005 15" PB G4.

I just bought a Kensington "Travel Plug Adapter":
    http://us.kensington.com/html/5519.html

Unfortunately it doesn't act as a voltage or current transformer, and thus needs this disclaimer:
    "Suitable for most consumer electronics. 2.5A; 110V - max 275W; 220V - max 550W. Does not reduce or convert electrical voltage. Not for use with high-watt devices such as hairdryers and irons. Please check electronic device specifications before using."

So, my question is, can I take my North American PowerBook to Germany, and simply use this Kensington adapter, or will bad things happen to my PB and/or Nano.

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

all apple portable psu's work fine on 100-240V.

dont fret.

the only mac i know of thats recently new that cant were original imac g5's, some had a non switching psu.

3. flat6 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

and dont worry about the frequency, it's auto switching.

incidentally i just learnt in electronics class how they do that.:eek:

5. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i travel with my US Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz back and forth between Germany and Boston. As long as you have the correct plug everything is fine.

there is no way to plug the american powersupply directly into a german outlet. even by force. but with your adaptor that is no problem.

the powersupply will give you a bright spark when you plug it in or out but that is harmless. don't be worried there.